The 42 St corridor connects Port Authority Terminal with Times Square, Bryant Park, and Grand Central Station and Terminal, providing vital links between buses, subways, and commuter rail. From the corridor, you can access:
- 18 subway lines
- the entire Metro-North rail network, and
- commuter bus lines that can take you across the Hudson River or across the country.
The number of people who pass through the 42 St corridor on any given weekday is more than the total number of people who use the entire Boston subway and bus system in a day.
- About 1.13 million people pass through the 42 St corridor every day
- 640,000 through Times Square
- 480,000 through Grand Central
- More than 100,000 people use the 42 St Shuttle every day
- More than 10,000 riders per hour use the Shuttle during peak commute times